With Easter just days away, it’s a great time to remind our pet-owners to hide their chocolates!
Chocolate is made of cocoa seeds that contain two substances that are toxic to animals: caffeine and theobromine. The higher the cocoa ratio, the higher the risk. In other words, dark chocolate is much more toxic than milk chocolate.
Many people know that dogs are susceptible to chocolate intoxication, but cats are vulnerable, as well.
If you suspect that your pet has ingested chocolate, seek veterinarian help as soon as possible. Determining the amount of chocolate ingested is key to treating the toxicity.
Make it difficult for your curious pets to find chocolate by hiding them in closed cabinets, refrigerators and drawers. Out of sight, out of mind!
Enjoy your Holidays!